Create a pencil sketch effect in Photoshop:
- Open your image in Photoshop.
- Duplicate the image layer by pressing Ctrl/Command + J.
- Desaturate the duplicated layer by pressing Shift + Ctrl/Command + U.
- Invert the layer by pressing Ctrl/Command + I.
- Change the blending mode of the layer to Color Dodge.
- Go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur and apply a blur to the layer. The amount of blur you choose will depend on the size of your image and the effect you want to achieve. A good starting point is around 2-3 pixels.
- Duplicate the inverted layer by pressing Ctrl/Command + J.
- Change the blending mode of the new layer to Multiply.
- Go to Filter > Sketch > Graphic Pen and apply the following settings: Stroke Length: 10-15, Light/Dark Balance: 50%, and Stroke Direction: Right Diagonal.
- Duplicate the Multiply layer by pressing Ctrl/Command + J.
- Change the blending mode of the new layer to Overlay.
- Go to Filter > Sketch > Photocopy and apply the following settings: Detail: 10, Darkness: 50.
- Finally, adjust the opacity of the Overlay layer to your liking.
That’s it! You now have a pencil sketch effect in Photoshop. You can adjust the settings and layers to achieve different results and experiment with other filters as well.
0:00 My Intro
0:09 Today’s Video
0:17 Pencil Sketch Effect
1:21 Can You Do this
1:35 My Outro
For action Click Here:
You must log in to post a comment.